Friday, July 20, 2012

Desire versus Wisdom

I want to know you. I want to know you now as I glimpsed you then.
I think a sunrise the likes of which has never been seen would unfold, right there before my eyes.
I think I would witness a miracle with my bare eyes, and I wouldn't even go blind from it.

I think my love for you would be too overwhelming, if I ever did get the chance to tell you.
I think I wouldn't want to put you in that position. Wouldn't want to make you uncomfortable.
I think after all these years of cradling you in my heart, you must be standing on a pedestal in my head.
I don't know how it could be otherwise.
I think it wouldn't be fair to you, to know you now, knowing you're on that pedestal.
After everything you've done for me, and all the world you've meant to me as long as I can remember, I  don't think I could ever take you down enough for you to be human.
You don't deserve that, even if by some miracle you thought I deserved you.
I just wish there was some way to get this out of my chest.
It beats inside me like a quetzal in a tiny cage.

No comments:

Post a Comment