Sunday, October 13, 2013

Love, and love

You're so afraid.

You've been broken so badly, and you weren't set properly before you healed.

I can see that more clearly now than ever.

Maybe you'll never be able to trust.

Maybe I'm wasting my time.

Maybe I need to get over my Jesus complex.

Stop thinking I can save people.

Or even help. Even a little.



Maybe words mean nothing to you.

But you close your eyes to these actions.

So maybe I don't stand a chance.

You told me already. I should have believed you, too.



You might never be able to trust.

You might give in to your fears all the way, some day.

But let me tell you something, not so secret

That's no way to live a life



You don't want to be hurt anymore?

You don't want to be scared?

You don't want to worry?

Stop fighting. Stop picking off the scab.

Start loving yourself.



But you know what?

I don't believe that no-one can love you until you learn to love yourself.

I believe sometimes, in the middle of the darkest of nights,

It takes someone to smile at you

To tell you "I think you are great"

To tell you "I love you so much"

For you to start seeing yourself.

To start believing in yourself.

And so I will not be ashamed to say the words.

I love you.

I will never be ashamed.



No comments:

Post a Comment